Sunday, December 28, 2008

"Fear Of The Lord" Study From Jonah 1 & 2 - Part 8

"So I said, 'I have been expelled from Your sight. Nevertheless I will look again toward Your holy temple. Water encompassed me to the point of death. The great deep engulfed me, weeds were wrapped around my head. I descended to the roots of the mountains. The earth with its bars was around me forever, but You have brought up my life from the pit, O LORD my God. While I was fainting away, I remembered the LORD, and my prayer came to You, into Your holy temple.'" Jonah 2:4-7

Today's Question For Reflection...

Do I fear God enough to understand and appropriate His grace? Or do I wallow in my sin and regret?

"And He has said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for (My) power is perfected in weakness.' Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore, I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

~see also...2 Chronicles 6:16-42~