Saturday, December 27, 2008

"Fear Of The Lord" Study From Jonah 1 & 2 - Part 7

"For You had cast me into the deep, into the heart of the seas, and the current engulfed me. All Your breakers and billows passed over me." Jonah 2:3

Today's Question For Reflection...

Do I fear God enough to know that there is no calamity apart from Him?

"You cast me..."

"Your breakers and billows passed over me..."

"The One forming light and creating darkness, causing well being and creating calamity; I am the Lord who does all these." Isaiah 45:7

"At one moment I might speak concerning a nation or concerning a kingdom to uproot, to pull down, or to destroy it; if that nation against which I have spoken turns from its evil, I will relent concerning the calamity I planned to bring on it. Or at another moment I might speak concerning a nation or concerning a kingdom to build up or to plant it; if it does evil in My sight by not obeying My voice, then I will think better of the good with which I had promised to bless it. So now then, speak to the men of Judah and against the inhabitants of Jerusalem saying, 'Thus says the LORD, Behold, I am fashioning calamity against you and devising a plan against you. Oh turn back, each of you from his evil way, and reform your ways and your deeds."' Jeremiah 18:7-11

~Also see...Daniel 9:11-14; Amos 3:6-7~