Monday, December 29, 2008

"Fear Of The Lord" Study From Jonah 1 & 2 - Part 9

"Those who regard vain idols forsake their faithfulness." Jonah 2:8

Today's Question For Reflection...

Do I fear God enough to curb my flesh and its appetites so that I am not lured from His faithfulness by the world and its vanities?

Am I aware of what vanities of the world are overly tempting to me? Clothes, technology, entertainment, money, success, hobbies, sports, other "stuff"... Do I curb my flesh in consideration of these or do I yield? Where is the bulk of my time, energy and money spent?

"Do not love the world, nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world." 1 John 2:15-16