Friday, September 9, 2011

Affirming Truth vs. Positive Thinking


“What I am doing you do not understand now, but you will understand later.”  John 13:7


I speak these words today not to convince myself all will work out fine or to look on some “bright” side.  This is not me hugging myself while saying over and over again—
"Jesus loves me."


“I know the thoughts that I think toward you,” says the Lord, “thoughts of peace and not evil.”  Jeremiah 29:11
“I love those who love Me; and those who diligently seek Me will find Me.”  Proverbs 8:17


I affirm truth!


“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.  “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.”  Isaiah 55:8-9
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding."  Proverbs 3:5


This is not positive thinking. 
This is truth proclamation! 


“How precious . . . are Your thoughts to me, O God!  How great is the sum of them!  If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; when I awake, I am still with You.”  Psalm 139:17-18
“Thou hast taken account of my wanderings; put my tears in Thy bottle . . . This I know, that God is for me.”  Psalm 56:8, 9


There is a HUGE difference—


“For the Lord your God has arrived to live among you.  He is a mighty Savior.  He will rejoice over you with great gladness.  With His love, He will calm all your fears.  He will exult over you with singing {shouts of joy}.”  Zephaniah 3:17


Positive thinking only temporarily changes my thought process or perspective until something else happens to stir the pot.
Truth is bound to God’s Covenant! 


“For great is Your love toward me.”  Psalm 86:13
“Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders which You have done, and your thoughts toward us; there is none to compare with You.”  Psalm 40:5


Jesus is always victorious!
Jesus is never defeated!


“Behold, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands.”  Isaiah 49:16


I truly am rejoicing in the days to come!


“We have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us.”  1 John 4:16