Saturday, January 15, 2011

Prayer

Hear my cry, O God; 
Give heed to my prayer. 
2 From the end of the earth I call to You when my heart is faint; 
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. 
3 For You have been a refuge for me, 
A tower of strength against the enemy. 
4 Let me dwell in Your tent forever; 
Let me take refuge in the shelter of Your wings.
5 For You have heard my vows, O God; 
You have given me the inheritance of those who fear Your name. 
6 You will prolong the king's life; 
His years will be as many generations. 
7 He will abide before God forever; 
Appoint lovingkindness and truth that they may preserve him. 
8 So I will sing praise to Your name forever, 
That I may pay my vows day by day.
Psalm 61

Prayer is the natural breath of the believer!


With prayer we...
reach farther (v.2)
go higher (v.2-3) (clear perspective of the situation)
come closer (v.4) (enter the Presence of God & dwell under His wings)
grow richer (v.5) (Ephesians 1:3)
live fuller (v.6-7)
are happier (v.8) (prayer and praise go together)

Prayer puts depth into our life. 
The fullness of life in Christ!


God...You are my Rock, my Shelter, my Strong Tower, and my Tabernacle. You are always with me and will never forsake me, no matter my circumstances. Thank you, Father, for promises I can rest in. Amen.