Thursday, April 2, 2009

Anniversary

Today is the one year anniversary for this blog, for this little special-to-me spot in the world.

I can hardly believe it has been a year since God first led me to do this! At the time, I was only aware of a couple of blogs written by some lovely ladies that I admired. I had absolutely NO idea how big the blog world was until I started the process of putting this one together and in the months following. Wow! There are a lot of beautiful places to visit, to be encouraged and refreshed in our walk with the Lord. I thank each and every one of you for joining me here at this place!

I just re-read my first entry from that day and thought I’d copy it for you here.



Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Setting Our Hearts To Seek God

I pray this site will be an avenue by which you find yourself thinking about your journey. Each of us is only given this one, short, precious life. What we do with it while we are here makes all the difference in the world. To God, to your family, to your friends, to your neighbors, your church, the stranger you brushed by at Starbuck’s, the guy in a hurry who cut you off on the tired travel home.

Every bend of the road in this journey has purpose. Every season of life has growth potential. Every day is another opportunity to “set your heart to seek God…2 Chron. 19:3”.

May your visit here be relaxing, encouraging and--at times--challenging and thought provoking.

To God Alone the Glory!
Soli Deo Gloria!



My desire and my reasons for this blog have not changed. God encourages me daily (when I stop and allow Him to) and I wanted a place to record these blessed times with Him.

Not all our steps on the path are easy ones to take, but we are never alone. The sure-footed Shepherd is always with us. And I embrace the surety that the prayers of others can help keep my feet steady as mine will for them while they too travel over difficult terrain.

Once again, I want to encourage you to contact me with any prayers or words of encouragement that you would like to share. I always reply.

I also welcome any of your questions and will try to answer them either personally or publically (if applicable) to the best of my ability.

I have been asked in the past why I do not have the “comment” feature turned on. The answer is simple, but humbling—pride! When I first set up this blog I found that I was too overly concerned with “comments”. Whether I received any, how many, what was said, etc. and I would weigh the importance of a writing on what words each brought back in return. After tiring of myself :)... I decided to dismantle that feature altogether and posted the contact button on my sidebar. I am hopeful to be at a place (soon?) where I can feel confident in opening up the “comments” section and just continue to let each piece of writing be what it is and just rest in whether or not anyone feels led to respond.

That brings me to another, very important point. Every thing that I post here is special to me!

I take very seriously the responsibility of putting my words up on the internet for all the world to see! This is why I pray over each piece before loading it. I carefully wait upon the Lord to see if anything could be at all displeasing to Him or easily offend others. There were times that I rushed this part of the process and I regretted it. A few times, too many for me, I have had to go back and delete or re-word something that should have been stated in a better way. Communicating in written words is not always the best form in which to express a complete thought. I think we all know that. But it is important to me that you know that each writing is prayed over before I click that “post” button.

So, once again I say “thank you”! Thank you for meeting with me here and for taking the time to read a few of my words that meagerly attempt to say something.

One year later I end once more...


May your visit here be relaxing, encouraging and--at times--challenging and thought provoking.

To God Alone the Glory!
Soli Deo Gloria!