Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Bucket (or is that Barrel) of Fun


I will never cease to be amazed at all the adventures that children can have with the simplest of items. This is a bucket that I purchased to store extra grain. They played with this bucket off and on for 5 days until I finally washed it up for service. Jacob (11) and Nate (1) had the most fun and came up with the most unusual ways of enjoying the thing. Nate loved it whenever someone put the bucket on his head. You could hear the echoing laughter from underneath as he wandered about the room bumping into couches, chairs, dog, bodies, etc. He got to laughing so hard, he'd fall down. We could still hear him giggling underneath. And I have absolutely NO idea how Jacob got his legs doubled up in it even after watching him do it! I almost hated taking it away from them, but the wheat berries had to go somewhere... :)