Friday, May 13, 2011

Rest


The one word I have heard repeatedly from the Lord over the past several weeks now has been the one activity I am least capable of achieving—on my own!  And that is to rest . . .

Anxiety, fills me . . .
Hurry, pushes me . . .
Noise, encompasses me . . .
Control, defines me . . .
Busyness, surrounds me . . .
Fear, threatens me . . .

But rest  ? ? ?

Rest, eludes me . . .

Didn’t I just write about this in April? 
Writing about truth is one thing . . . learning to live truth is another!





Nearness to Jesus offers me the rest I desperately need for refreshing.  As I abide in Him I collect His strength and recover from the constant onslaught of heaviness living on earth creates. 

A heart at rest is kept quiet, calm and expectantly patient!



One tangible way He is teaching me how to rest . . .


“Stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD.” (Exodus 14:13)
“Sit still . . . until you know how the matter will turn out.” (Ruth 3:18)
“Be still, and know that I am God.” (Psalm 46:10)


Hoping (and praying!) to be a quick learner! J









Get blog updates to your inbox or news reader by clicking here...