Friday, January 21, 2011

Do I Want Wisdom Or Opinion? (James 1:5, 6)


“But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God who gives to 
all men generously and without reproach and it will be given to him.  
But let him ask in faith without any doubting, for the one 
who doubts is like the surf of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.  
For let not that man expect that he will receive anything from
the Lord, being a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.”


I give generously.  I want to give wisdom.  I long to do so.  You have to ask.  Me!  Whose wisdom do you want?  Or do you want opinion?  There are lots of opinions out there to choose from.  You’re sure to find one that is a comfortable fit...for your comfort.  Not for your need.  Not for wisdom.  And then when everything falls apart or goes south who gets the blame?  I do.  *I* directed you to the mess you find yourself in and instead of drawing closer to Me, you push away.  Why?  Because you don’t trust Me.  You have your doubts.  The route *I* took you last time didn’t work out so well.  So you’re gun-shy...not sure if you can trust *Me* again. 
You have your doubts 
when you could have had My wisdom. 

You withdraw with a bit of hostility (whether you think you do or not).  You become hesitant in faith.  You try asking again.  Maybe you even come to Me this time.  But you don’t trust where I want to take you even before I begin to show you where that is!  I offer.  But will you receive?  I can’t make you trust Me.  I can’t make you choose My wisdom. 
Do you see why a wavering, uncertain, doubting person is unstable?  Restless?
Where is your heart today, Dear OneIs it at rest safely tucked within My care?  Or is it pounding against the rocks of uncertainty?  
Bring your doubts to Me.  I can take them—all of them!  Lay doubt at the foot of My Son’s cross and walk away free!  Free to receive because you’re free to believe I am who I say I am and will do what I say I am willing to do.


Wisdom will be given to those who ask Me;
believing I will answer and believing in the answer!



Get blog updates to your inbox or news reader by clicking here...


Click here for the other posts from my study of the book of James
I am joining The Good Morning Girls as we study James together.