Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Desperate Faith

I can despair or I can have faith. 

With despair I doubt God and His good intent towards me, whether I want to admit that or not.  To believe regardless of what I “see” in the situation is to fully trust God.  Do I want to trust in part?  Some faith mixed with some despair?  No excuse, no defense can make it any different than the truth it is.  If I have despair, I’m lacking faith.  (Can you tell I’m getting fed up with myself concerning this!)

Our enemy plants words of hopelessness in our thoughts.  He hopes to stimulate faith loss.  With help from the Holy Spirit, we must go after despair as soon as we recognize its mournful features.  By grace alone—despair must get rooted out by speaking words of truth. 

Not positive thinking but truth replacement. 

God is for me, who can be against me?  Our adversary.  Despair comes straight from his knapsack. 

Faith triumphs over despair by my choice. 

Victory over evil is won.  The conquest now is for my mind, my soul.  Despair or faith.  Which will I embrace?  Which will define me?  The choice is mine. 

By grace and by choice, I’m desperate for deep faith!