Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What's Your Song?

Have you ever asked about your song?  You know—the one that God is singing over you!  Don’t you kind of want to ask and find out?  I mean...really...the God of all the universe is with you, is delighting in you, is loving you and rejoicing over you with singing!!!!  Don’t you want to know what He is singing over you???  I’ll admit I sure do!


“The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.”  Zephaniah 3:17

I asked Him once before and heard the song “It is Well” in reply.  At first I thought, how can He be singing this over me?  A little more time spent quietly in His presence and He showed me it was “well with my soul” because it was well between Him and I!  (You can read a little more on that exchange here if you’d like.)

So last night, before going to bed, I took the authority that is mine through Christ Jesus over my thoughts and asked again... “Are you singing over me today?  If so, what song?”

Immediately my mind was flooded with a song I have not heard, sung or even thought of for years!  The chorus of Keith Green’s, “O Lord You’re Beautiful”.   But...the words were changed and I wrote them out in my journal as they sang in my head...

My child...you’re beautiful
Your face is all I see
And when your eyes are on My own
My grace abounds to thee!

(I’ve listed the complete original lyrics to this song at the end if you are unfamiliar with it.)

I just let the words sing over and over and over again before feeling led to write down more thoughts from Him concerning me.

“You are beautiful because you are My daughter and My treasured creation.  Beauty is in all I do.  Beauty and love for all My creation.  My attention is always turned towards you.  Because I love you.  Keep your eyes on Me and My grace will continue to abound in and over your life.”

He is singing over you as well.  In the stillness of your time with Him today, ask Him about your song.  His love for you is not a secret!  Believe in this lavish love and listen for it.

Ask...believing...and you shall receive....


Keith Green—O Lord You’re Beautiful

Oh Lord, You’re Beautiful
Your face is all I see
For when your eyes are on this child
Your grace abounds to me

Oh Lord, Please light the fire
That once burned bright and clean
Replace the lamp of my first love
That burns with holy fear

I want to take your word and shine it all around
But first help me just to live it, Lord
And when I’m doing well, help me to never seek a crown
For my reward is giving glory to you