Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Steps to Victory


I want a life of consistently walking in victory.  No edging into defeat or occasional weary weaknesses.  Is this even possible?  Walking a life that is consistently victorious in the midst of disappointment?

“But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.”  1 Co. 15:57

Yes
when I rely on God for everything; 
when I trust in God for everything.  
Including outcomes!



I see defeat in little things.  God sees the little things as a little step on the path to great victory.  If I try to measure the success of each little step—I will surely be disappointed.  But when I trust Him from beginning to end of each of those steps taken, I will see just how victorious I am walking.

At times I get discouraged when little is shown for all the time and effort spent on some area of ministry or with a person.  This is why God wants us to release all outcomes to His care.  I am to learn from my time with Him and then again in what He shows me within the act of walking obediently the lesson He taught.  I am reminded that it is about me and God—our relationship.


Anything that comes as a result of my obedience is His 
and up to Him.

Results are not my lifeJesus is!  


“Christ who is your life” (Col. 3:4).

Victory is mine as I trust Him to initiate . . .
follow through . . . 
and complete each step according to His will.  


Victory is in letting go of the process as well as the outcome.


For whatever is born of God overcomes the world
and this is the victory that has overcome the world
our faith.”  
1 John 5:4

I need only ask Him, 
follow Him, 
trust Him 
and then let Him.



“Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, indeed everything that is in the heavens and the earth; Yours is the dominion, O Lord, and You exalt Yourself as head over all.”   1 Ch. 29:11










Get blog updates to your inbox or news reader by clicking here...


Linked up with What Works For Me Wednesdays, Raising Homemakers, A Steady Rain and Living Well Wednesdays