Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008

I’ll be real honest here...I will not be sad to see 2008 go! :) Not that the turning of one day to the next automatically means all the struggles and consequence of choice disappear...BUT, in our human minds, a new date on the calendar gives us hope for a new and fresh start.

This year was a very growing, stretching (read as mentally, emotionally and spiritually HARD!) season for me. I went down many paths that I had never planned to journey on and one that I never thought that I could. All under the watchful eye of my Heavenly Father. Therein lies the saving bit of peace and hope that I take with me into 2009. I will admit I would love a year of ease and tranquility. Wouldn’t we all! :) But I know that whatever this year unfolds before me, my Father has walked before me through it, so I trust....

More than anything else in the world, I pray for a year where my walk strengthens and my light brightens and my joy remains and my heart learns to love deeper, more empathetically and more passionately than ever before—like Jesus loved!

So again, 2009...a fresh, new year is about to unveil before us. What are your prayers for the coming year? What are your plans, dreams, passioned focus going to be in the days and months to come? God is the creator of new things; the Giver of fresh starts. I am going to Him for mine. How about you?

“Do not call to mind the former things or ponder things of the past. Behold, I will do something new, now it will spring forth; will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, rivers in the desert.” Isaiah 43:18, 19