Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Greatest Earthly Gift...

I wouldn't recommend this for everyone :) but this was God's plan for our lives.


My handsome husband and I met when his family began attending our church when I was 13 and he was 15. This picture is the earliest that I have of us--in our church gym following basketball and volleyball practice. It was taken a week or so after he had asked me "to go with him". The question to ask at that time in history if you wanted to date exclusively. :) I was 14 and he was 16. (November 1983)

This picture was taken on my 15th birthday. (January 1984)

Here are a couple pictures of us during our college years. We attended the same college in Idaho.

And then the wedding... (August 1989)


Yesterday--November 12, 2008--we celebrated the 25th anniversary from that day when, following a church youth group skating night, he asked me "to go with him" and I said "yes!" What sweet memories I have been gifted with. So many blessings over my life...

...but always my greatest earthly blessing will be this--my dear, sweet, handsome husband! He is the only man I ever loved and the only man I ever wanted. To this day, I am amazed that God so graciously gave Him to me.
What were the chances? With God...all things are possible! :)
What love! What wondrous love!!
For me...what wondrous love He has for me...what wondrous love He has for you!
He loves me! They both do... :)