Tuesday, October 14, 2008

No Do-Overs?

Oh...I wish yesterday could be a do-over for this Mama! I was definitely NOT at my best. It seems like the days I feel I have the shortest wick are the days that my children all carry around wick-cutters! :) I have my list of excuses--hubby gone, so no reinforcements in the evening (but I am so very grateful...because that means he has work!), bad night's sleep, so walking around with the tired, fuzzy head feeling and on and on and on.

Have you ever noticed that when someone lines up their excuses it pretty much negates the apology they are trying to make.

So...kidlets...your Mama is sorry, so sorry that she wasn't as kind and loving as she would have liked to have been yesterday. She is sorry that her suffering was short and not the long kind talked about in the Bible. She is sorry that she looked at the broken coffee grinder knocked off the counter as a $20 expense she didn't need instead of an opportunity to personally assist in the building up of the economy. She is sorry that instead of hugging, kissing and loving on all of you as she should, she kept her distance (actually, you are probably pretty glad that she did). She is most sorry that instead of reflecting Jesus to you yesterday, she reflected her sad, sorry self!

But I also know that God uses your Mama at her worst as much as He uses your Mama at her best! Praise be to God! "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28


Here are a couple pictures of Nate during Bible time--sitting with his Sissy during praise and worship and then with Mama during prayer time...