Monday, August 25, 2008

Book Worth Reading

Not too long ago I finished reading a really wonderful book. "First We Have Coffee" by Margaret Jensen.

This book follows the journey of a young immigrant who marries another immigrant pastor. The story of their life together is told through the eyes of their eldest daughter. It really is an easy read and each chapter is so short and just "good" that it was hard to put it down. I have difficulty making time for casual reading and I finished it in only a couple of days.

I was so challenged by this mother and her trust in her God. Was it life changing? No, but thought provoking and challenging. This mother left an incredible legacy for her children and, through her daughters words, I am certain she has encouraged many other mothers to look at their words and actions so as to do the same. She definitely did so with this woman!

My library did not have this book, but I found it on either half.com or amazon.com for less than a dollar plus shipping. I really believe that you will think it worth the cost if you can hunt one down cheaply. Brianne is enjoying my copy for now, but please let me know if you live close and want to borrow it and we'll get it to you as soon as she is done.