Saturday, April 5, 2008

Be Still and Know That He Is God

Today I woke up to ongoing conversations in my head. At first I thought they were the continuation of whatever dream I must have been having. As I lay there in bed beginning to wake up, I realized the conversations were something else entirely, but I couldn't figure out what? A few days ago, I shared with a friend how I woke up to God speaking sweet words over me. It took me a few minutes of shaking the grogginess before I realized it was Him and what He was saying. I was just smiling and saying "thank you God" and although soon after I couldn't remember one thing He had said to me, I knew it was loving and sweet and I carried that with me into the rest of the day. My dear friend likened it to a mother waking up her children in a loving manner. The children may not remember what she said, but they knew it was time to get up and Mama was loving them awake. So true...

No...this morning was different. It was almost chaotic the different voices, all vying for my attention. Some were very urgent sounding. I couldn't tell you now what they were saying or asking, but I do remember the confusion, the urgency, the noise. All of a sudden I heard the words, "Be still and know that I Am God." And that was that! No more words, no more conversations, no more...anything! Now usually when I think of that phrase it is because I am frazzled or in a place of the unknown or unexpected and I am worried...scared even. But this was different. I wasn't feeling any of those feelings (I was just trying to wake up :). So when I heard them spoken, I began to think over them some and began thinking on this...

BE STILL---stay at rest, in a quiet hearted place...like this wake up time...
AND KNOW---just know that what you believe in me, have faith in... "IS!" Don't think on those things that are confusing or that I haven't made clear to you yet, just what you already do "know". Keep "knowing" it firmly, passionately, resolutely...
THAT I---not the world, not the United Nations, not the US economy or failing dollar, not the wars going on, not the candidates for the presidential election, not the validated concerns you have for the future concerning your family, the church, etc... "I" the "I AM"…your Abba Father...yep that "I"...
AM GOD---Elohim "the Creator"; El Roi "the God Who Sees"; El Shaddai "the All-Sufficient One"; El Elyon "the God Most High"; Jehovah-jireh "The LORD Will Provide"; Jehovah-rapha "The LORD that Healeth"; Jehovah-shalom "The LORD is peace"; Jehovah-sabaoth "The LORD of Hosts"; Jehovah-raah "The LORD My Shepherd"; Jehovah-tsidkenu "The LORD Our Righteousness"; Jehovah-shammah "The LORD Is There"; El Olam "The Everlasting God"... well, you get the picture! :)

So...I don't know about you, but my mind, my heart feels like "resting" today. I have a lot that I want to accomplish in my home today. Several things that I need to get done. But, my heart wants to just "be still" so I am going to ride this truth and trust in it and not get caught up in all the "hype" outside my doors and the "tyranny of the urgent" from within.

What a blessing to know that we are so VERY loved...don't ya think! :) I pray that each one of you today and into the next day and the next and the next...will do exactly that. BE STILL AND KNOW THAT HE IS GOD!